Each case we receive is considered on an individual basis upon receipt of the application form and employment history, and subject to a visit from a Welfare Officer. If you’re not sure if you are eligible for our help then please submit your details for our consideration.
You can apply:
- if you are a current or former insurance employee with ideally five years’ recent service.
- if you are at the start of your career, but have predominately worked in insurance so far.
- if you are in receipt of a pension or deferred pension following five years’ employment in the sector.
- if you are a dependant of a current or former insurance employee, as above.
In all cases:
- Service must be/have been within the UK or Irish insurance industry.
- There must be restricted financial means in terms of income and capital.
- An element of misfortune has arisen.
We are an independent charity and applicants do not need to be members of the CII or any other insurance related body or association.
Employment within the industry can be in any role and is not restricted to specific insurance careers such as underwriting or broking.
We can offer support to those in financial services who have insurance as a major part of their business.
If we aren’t able to help you directly we may be able to offer advice and point you in the right direction of another charitable organisation.