You can apply if you are a:
- Current or past insurance employee:
- with at least five years’ work in insurance within the last ten years, or
- with less than five years’ insurance work but where insurance has made up the majority of your career to date, or
- with at least five years’ work in insurance immediately prior to retirement, or
- in receipt of a pension or deferred pension from an insurance employer in respect of at least five years’ insurance service.
OR you are:
- A dependant of a current or former insurance employee.
In all cases:
- Service must be/have been within the UK or Irish insurance industry.
- There must be restricted financial means in terms of income and capital.
- An element of misfortune has arisen.
You do not need to be a CII member to apply for help.
If you are not sure you meet our eligibility criteria then send us an email or give us a call for more information. If we aren’t able to help you directly we may be able to offer advice and point you in the right direction of another charitable organisation.