You can apply if you are a:
- Current or past insurance employee:
- with at least five years’ work in insurance within the last ten years, or
- with less than five years’ insurance work but where insurance has made up the majority of your career to date, or
- with at least five years’ work in insurance immediately prior to retirement, or
- in receipt of a pension or deferred pension from an insurance employer in respect of at least five years’ insurance service.
OR you are:
- A dependant of a current or former insurance employee.
In all cases:
- Service must be/have been within the UK or Irish insurance industry.
- There must be restricted financial means in terms of income and capital.
- An element of misfortune has arisen.
We are an independent charity and applicants do not need to be members of the CII or any other insurance related body or association.
If you are not sure you meet our eligibility criteria then send us an email or give us a call for more information. If we aren’t able to help you directly we may be able to offer advice and point you in the right direction of another charitable organisation.