- Current or past insurance employee:
- with at least five years’ work in insurance within the last ten years
- with less than five years’ insurance work but where insurance has made up the majority of your career to date
- with at least five years’ work in insurance immediately prior to retirement
- in receipt of a pension or deferred pension from an insurance employer in respect of at least five years’ insurance service
- Dependant of a current or former insurance employee
- Insurance service in the UK or Irish insurance industries
- Restricted financial means in terms of income and capital
- Suffered an element of misfortune
You do not need to be a CII member to apply for help.
If you are not sure you meet our eligibility criteria then send us an email or give us a call for more information. If we aren’t able to help you directly we may be able to offer advice and point you in the right direction of another charitable organisation.
How we help
By financing an essential item such as equipment to help someone with reduced mobility, property adaptation work which cannot be funded by local or central government, the replacement of an appliance or essential property maintenance.
By giving regular support where income is generally restricted or insufficient to meet higher than average costs resulting from, say, health conditions.
Financial help may be on an outright or charitable loan basis.
We administer the Paul Golmick and the CILA Benevolent Funds from our offices; making payments to the children of long serving insurance people as well as CILA members. Applications should be made in the same way as for support from The Insurance Charities.
Practical support and advice
By signposting individuals to specialist advice during difficult life events such as depression or loneliness as well as giving practical support to those with difficult health, money management and housing concerns.