When things have become difficult for colleagues, we’d like to encourage HR professionals to signpost their staff to us for additional support.
We work throughout the UK and Ireland and support those from the insurance industry no matter what their role.
We support anyone in the insurance sector, from brokers to loss adjusters, claims assistants, underwriters, call centre operators, or PAs in an insurance company. As long as employment is insurance-related and the applicant meets the eligibility criteria we can support them.
We can offer financial assistance to those who are eligible for as long as it’s required. This is provided through ongoing or one-off payments or via a charitable loan.
Examples of things that we fund include:
- equipment to help someone with reduced mobility
- day to day hardship
- property adaptation work which cannot be funded by local or central government
- household appliances and furniture
- funeral expenses
- school uniform
- family holidays
- essential property maintenance
We can also offer links to expertise in dementia care and housing, providing a quick and no-cost route to much-needed help and advice.
Applications are made by the individual through a simple online form. If you speak to a colleague who you think could benefit from our support please signpost them to our website for help.
Once we have received an application we will contact the individual within a week (via letter) regarding the next steps.
Applications are treated in confidence. The applicant will only need to speak to their employer if they are unable to provide evidence of employment by any other means.
Further ways to support you
- We can provide details for you to use in new starter packs/induction sessions and provide information to give to those retiring or facing redundancy. You can download our online flyer to share with colleagues. If you’d like this branded with your company name please let is know.
- We have sponsored a Domestic Abuse Toolkit for employers. This important resource has been designed to sit within HR teams and with line managers to aid those dealing with this sensitive and difficult issue regardless of the company size.
- Through our partnerships, we can provide a range of volunteering opportunities for staff, to help you deliver your CSR objectives.
- We’d be delighted to speak at an event about The Insurance Charities or host an information stand for staff.
- We can provide you with links and content for any staff newsletters or intranets including those aimed at retired colleagues. Please get in touch to discuss this.
- We can supply you with flyers and giveaways (where available) to support initiatives such as employee wellbeing weeks.
- We can provide tools and resources to help staff get involved in our annual awareness campaign.
- You can display our poster in communal staff areas.
To find out more about our work, including our partnerships you can download our 2020/2021 impact report here.
If you have any questions or would like to suggest additional ways we can support your organisation then please get in touch.
On 24 June 2020, we recorded a webinar (1 hour) to provide an overview of the Charity and explain how we support those in the industry.
You can hear from our Chief Executive, two of our board members, and a beneficiary who turned to us when she was facing hardship.