Awareness Week Supporter Toolkit
Our annual awareness week will take place between the 17 and 21 June this year. If you’ve already ordered free promotional materials for your office, you will shortly be receiving these to share with your colleagues during the week.
Why do we run an Awareness Week?
The aim of our awareness week is to tell the industry about our charity, and that we are here to provide help and support in times of need. People are often surprised that we don’t just help those in insurance, we also help dependent relatives, as we know that when misfortune strikes, whatever it is, it can affect the whole family.
How can I get involved in The Insurance Charities Awareness Week?
Display a box or bag of giveaways in your office
This year we will have chocolates, pens and shoeshines available in our boxes and bags. These items have been chosen for you and your colleagues to enjoy, and to act as reminder should people experience difficulty and need help.
This year we are delighted to have partnered with Harry Specter’s Chocolates – a fantastic initiative dedicated to crafting delicious chocolates which creates employment for young people with autism.
Companies with fewer than thirty staff will receive a bag, and those with thirty or more staff will receive a box.
Ideally you should place your boxes or bags in areas where staff will gather or walk past such as reception desks, gyms, meeting rooms, restaurants or staff rooms from Monday 17 June.
Raise awareness through social media and your company communications channels
The week provides an opportunity to raise awareness about the charity, and to also raise your profile too.
- If you have a LinkedIn account or access to a blog, you could consider drafting a short article to highlight your own experiences if you have been helped by The Insurance Charities and are willing to share your story.
- For key statistics about the charity you can view our latest UK infographic. If you are based in Ireland, we have a separate infographic for you.
- You can follow us on Twitter and use #ICAW to share the news you are taking part in our awareness week on Twitter and include a photo of the box or bag in your office.
Twitter – @InsCharities
LinkedIn – The Insurance Charities
Website – www.theinsurancecharities.org.uk
If you’re not sure what to say when you’re posting, you could use wording such as:
We’re/I’m supporting @InsCharities Awareness Week to help spread the word that our industry has a dedicated charity providing help and support to those in need. #ICAW #insurance #charity
The @InsCharities is our industry charity. They can help current and former employees and their families experiencing difficult life events. #ICAW #insurance #charity
Don’t forget if you’re working in insurance or have done in the past and are experiencing a difficult life event the @InsCharities could help. #ICAW #insuranceindustry #charity
- If you have a company intranet or magazine you may be able to submit a short article about the charity which we have already drafted for you.
- If you would like to include our logo you can do so here. Other formats are available if you need them just email email@example.com. Please do not alter the logo in anyway.
Pledge your support
We’ve created a social media pledge banner to demonstrate your support for Awareness Week, for you to print, hold up and photograph. You can then post on social media from June 17 onwards. You can post as an individual or with your colleagues. This is a great way to help raise awareness and promote your organisation at the same time!
Run individual or organisation wide activities during the week
There are plenty of activities you can run to support the week and help raise awareness among your colleagues. Here are just a few ideas:
- A bake sale
- Dress down day
- Sponsored bike ride/run
- Golf tournament
- Raffle or auction
- Team quiz
- Five aside football match
We have gift aid envelopes available for our supporters, if you or your colleagues would like to fundraise for us. Please get in touch to order a batch at no cost.
Display our posters
We’ve created two different colour A4 posters for you to display in your offices where permitted. One is an Awareness Week specific poster, the other a general poster that you can display all year round.
Share our short video
You could share our short video on your social media channels by linking to: https://youtu.be/7aW6nbPBgVw
Alternatively, you might be able to share the film on your intranet if you have one, using the following embed code:
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/7aW6nbPBgVw” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>
If your building has screens in public areas such as your reception or staff restaurant, you might be able to share information about the Charity and the Week this way.
Other ways you can support The Insurance Charities
- Sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter via the sign up box at the bottom of our homepage.
- From just £15 a year you can support us by becoming a member and help us to help others.
- Think about a colleague or someone in your professional network that may need our support and share our details with them.
- Please share this information with your marketing and communications person/team so they can help with supporting the week as part of their other activity.
If you have any other queries you can call us on 020 7606 3763 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.