We’d like to remind you that Insurance Charities Awareness Week (ICAW) will run from 20 to 24 June this year.
Please make a note in your diaries and let your Comms/Marketing/CSR teams know so they can schedule ICAW activity alongside any other initiatives.
During the week we’ll be calling on you and your colleagues to:
- Retweet and share our social media posts.
- Send your own posts from your personal accounts and company accounts (where possible)
- Circulate the resources in our online Supporter Toolkit we’ll be sharing in advance (May/early June). Perhaps consider cascading information through team meetings, your intranet, or ‘lunch and learn’ sessions for example.
- Watch our webinar we’ll be launching at the start of the week.
- Read and share our 2021/2022 impact report we’ll be publishing during the campaign.
- Think about those in your professional networks who may be struggling, and signpost them to the Charity.
We hope that you and your employer will get involved, and help us raise awareness throughout the industry. If you have any questions or would like to find out more, please get in touch.
We’re hoping to make this year’s campaign bigger and better than ever, so please help us spread the word by getting involved in any way you can. Look out for further details on our social media channels, website, and future newsletters. If you’ve not signed up for our updates you can do so at the bottom of this page.
We are delighted to be offering giveaways for organisations with up to 1000 employees.
This year we have been careful to consider the environment and the importance of sustainability. Each recipient will receive:
– A branded packet of wildflower seeds
– A branded pencil made from 30% Recycled Denim and 70% Recycled Polystyrene
Orders can be placed here using our simple online form by Friday 3 June. Please note that giveaways will not be issued in a display box this year so they can easily be distributed to colleagues who are working from home.
Free Dementia Awareness Training
We are delighted to be offering a free special dementia awareness training course being delivered through our partner Alzheimer’s Society. Dementia awareness training is a skills-based course suitable for anyone who would like to improve their knowledge and understanding of dementia.
This course will cover:
- The signs and symptoms of dementia
- How dementia affects behaviour, the senses, and communication
- How to build positive relationships with people affected by dementia using increased knowledge, empathy, and practical skills.
The session will be delivered virtually on Thursday 23 June during the campaign week and is open to anyone working within the insurance sector. Further details can be found here.
We would like to offer a short online presentation (approx ten minutes) to employers and local institutes between 12pm and 2pm on each day of the campaign week. If you are interested please get in touch.